How To Make Lulo Juice - Lulada Recipe
If you’re a fan of Lulo Organic Skincare, you’re a fan of Lulo Fruit!
This exotic Colombian fruit is the secret behind our powerful formulations.
We bring to the world a new and effective form of vitamin C:
- 100% Natural
- More potent
- More stable (doesn’t oxidize as fast as regular vitamin C serums)
- More compatible with the skin
But that’s not all! The Lulo fruit also offers a delicious and nutritive snack!
The flavour of this nutritious fruit is slightly acidic and tart and it’s used in South America for making different kinds of smoothies, ice creams and savoury sauces.
One of the most traditional ways to enjoy it is the “Lulada”, a popular drink made from Lulo fruit, water, and lime.
The conventional method of preparation includes smashing the fruit rather than squeezing its juice out, but you can also blend it if you prefer.
How To Make Lulo Juice
Here’s my favourite recipe, I use all organic ingredients:
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 lulos (diced and peeled) or 200 grams of frozen lulo pulp
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 and 1/2 cups of water
- 1 and ½ tablespoon sugar, panela (unrefined cane sugar) or Stevia to taste
- 3 cups of crushed ice
- Add sugar (or panela), lulos, and one half of the water, into a bowl.
- Mash everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the lime juice and the rest of the water to the mix and
stir well until combined.
- Spread the ice out in four glasses before pouring the beverage.
- Pour the beverage in the glasses and serve it with a spoon on the side.
The Lulo plant is quite fragile and has proven to be difficult to cultivate outside of South America. In addition to this, the lulo fruit is very easily damaged and can’t resist international transportation when fully ripe.
This is why you don't find it easily outside of Colombia, Ecuador or Panama.
We go through great lengths to bring it to Canada for our formulations!! But it’s all worth it… it’s my little secret every time someone asks me how I keep my skin so fresh and young in my 40s!
You can find frozen lulo pulp at Latin grocery stores around the world. This frozen or canned product can be a good substitute so, get some and let me know how you like your Lulada!
You can also enjoy the amazing properties of the Lulo fruit by using Lulo Organic Skincare products. We are the only company in the world to incorporate the antioxidant properties of this exotic fruit into skincare to give you a more natural and stable form of vitamin C.
Leave a comment