Spring is finally here!! After months of snow, slush, and cold temperatures, it looks like we made it through the Winter!
Now is the time to start preparing your skin for the rising temperatures and the humidity that lies ahead. Here are our best tips to help you get ready for the beautiful spring version of you!!
- Swap your moisturizer for something lighter. Hyaluronic acid is ideal because of its fast absorption and its ability to soak-in the humidity of the environment to plump your skin. Check out our Papaya & Piña, Revitalizing Face Serum, which will also give you anti-aging benefits with collagen and hibiscus extract.
- While using a moisturizer with an SPF 30 is fine for winter, this is the time to shift to a higher protection level, SPF 50 is ideal for the Spring and Summer. Remember, the sunscreen on your makeup or face cream is not enough!
- The next step in the glow game is exfoliation. You need to slough off dead skin and unblock pores with a gentle exfoliating cleanser rather than with harsh scrubs. By doing this, you will reveal your new, young, healthy Spring skin. Look for a gentle face polish to help you remove the dry patches and dead layer while at the same time, will provide antioxidants and anti-aging benefits to make your skin soft, supple and smooth.
- Don’t forget your eye cream! Because the Spring is sunnier and brighter (thank goodness!) people are more prone to squinting. To combat the fine lines and wrinkles that can form around the eyes, use an eye cream with a high concentration of antioxidants and peptides. This will ward-off the collagen-destroying effects of UVA rays, and plump up the fine lines and wrinkles that have already formed.
- Drink more water! Hydration is just as important for your skin in the spring as it is in the winter. Cucumbers, lemon, and mint are a good idea to give your water a delicious taste, plus, the lemon and mint will aid digestion and the cucumber rehydrates along with delivering anti-inflammatory properties. Just add to your filtered water a few slices of lemon and cucumber and a few mint leaves. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours to allow the flavors time to infuse.