Fall is one of my favourite seasons! I love observing the leaves from the trees changing into multi-colored pieces of art!
But the Fall also comes with colder weather and dryer air. Winds blow more fiercely, and the temperature may vary significantly from one day to the next. Your skin is constantly exposed to the environment, and it's more vulnerable to these changes than other organs in the body.
Although our skin adapts to these changes by naturally producing less oil in the fall and winter months, it also suffers with them if you don't adjust your skincare routine accordingly… but don't worry! You don't need a complete change of routine or products, but rather just a few tweaks:
- Increase your skin's moisture: This is the right season to stay on top of your humectants and moisturizers. Make sure to use products with Hyaluronic Acid and Glycerin like Revitalizing Face Serum - Papaya & Piña.
- Make sure to include emollients: Lightweight oils smooth and nourish the skin while protecting it from the damage caused by the cold wind. Try our Vitamin C Face Oil - Coco & Café to get that extra glow while providing nutrients and emollients to your skin.
- Ramp up your actives game! Since you'll have less sun exposure for the next six months, this is the perfect time to use more potent active ingredients like glycolic acid and retinol. Make sure you implement points 1 and 2 (moisture and emollients) before increasing your actives.
- Stay on course with your daily cleanse: Carry on with your Brightening Face Wash - Sweet Orange & Camu Camu. Washing your face in the evening is non-negotiable! If your skin is extra dry in the Winter, wash it with water only in the morning, but never skip your face wash in the evening.
- Continue using SPF every day: UV rays are present in interior lights and computer screens; your sun protection shouldn't stop during the colder months.
Embrace the cold weather and show off your beautiful face!